Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tyler Stenson - Leave Oregon

I've had the pleasure of meeting Tyler back when I was in Portland. He was entertaining the crowd on the 22nd of July before the start of Top Gun, which was first movie of Flicks on The Bricks that summer (they play outdoor movies, and everyone is welcome to join). I was hooked when i heard his cover of Hallelujah and decided to go and say hi. I remember when I went up to him I asked if his CDs had all covers or originals, he said they were all his own. I was a little bit disappointed, because.. well.. you know.. He had a great voice and it would be horrible to see it go to waste if the music and lyrics did not match. I decided to buy both his CDs from him anyway. To my surprise, his songs were perfection. His song "Leave Oregon" was just perfect for what I was going through. It was spot on, word by word! I was leaving Oregon, and It hurt! but I had to. And that song was just about that! I went into a Tyler Stenson mania phase.. and I never got out of it. Tyler's music is by far one of the most amazing things that happened to me since I moved to the States. And he is one of the reasons I want to go back to Portland so bad! 

Here's Leave Oregon for you.


He also made an alternative version that goes "who am I to leave where I'm from" instead of "Oregon". I obviously do not approve of that version. But hey, if you've never been to Oregon i guess you might want to listen to that instead. It's available on iTunes.

Wow, this was a long post, but I can still go on about Tyler's music for days... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment